What is the BLAST implant placement protocol?
Dental implants are a popular tooth replacement option for many patients who visit our team at I-Rise Dental Boutique in Del Mar, California. Dr. Anu Mohan and her team provide solutions that focus on using today’s remarkable technology and advanced techniques to achieve patients’ desired results. Our team is excited to use the BLAST implant placement protocol for laser-assisted full-arch or single dental implant placements. Implant loading protocols and aftercare using the BLAST protocol can ensure patients have a positive experience and their implant placement is as successful as possible for long-term tooth replacement.
What are the two phases of the BLAST implant placement protocol?
- Activation. First, the BLAST implant placement protocol decontaminates the area where the implant will be placed. It ensures the best possible chance for success when the implant is inserted into the bone
- Maintenance. After the implant is inserted into the jawbone, the BLAST maintenance phase is then performed to reduce the harmful bacteria that may be present around the implant and surrounding tissues. This reduces the potential risk of infection that can occur following the placement of implants in some of our patients
What are the advantages of the BLAST implant placement protocol?
There are several benefits to the BLAST protocol, including:
- Activation of the natural growth factors in the mouth for faster healing and recovery
- Increased collagen formation
- Reduced inflammation in the gums surrounding the dental implant
- Improved ability of integration between the implant and bone (osseointegration)
- Reduction of the harmful bacteria in the mouth
- Improved patient experience with low laser energy that is soothing and comfortable
- Improved effectiveness against periodontal pathogens in the mouth
- Limits the use of antibacterial mouthwashes and rinse products that might disturb healing
- Improved protection for your new investment into your smile
Learn more about the BLAST implant placement protocol today!
If you reside in Del Mar, CA, and want to speak to Dr. Anu Mohan and her team at I-Rise Dental Boutique about the BLAST implant placement protocol, call (858) 465-8717 to request an appointment at her office.
The team is available to help new and current patients at their state-of-the-art dental facility.