Stop decay and restore your smile with discrete composite dental fillings
Decay on teeth can present as sensitivity, discoloration; which most of us know as a cavity. Cavity in a tooth needs treatment quickly, choose to do nothing about it; soon, the hole will grow deeper, reaching the core of the tooth. At this stage, you might experience sharp throbbing pain. At this stage, you will probably need root canal treatment; else you could lose your tooth. Why go through this, if treating a cavity is a straightforward, painless procedure? I-Rise Dental in Del Mar, California, uses composite fillings to treat cavities. A composite restoration is a tooth colored material that can protect your teeth for years and doesn’t compromise your natural smile.
The dental filling procedure
If you haven’t experienced a cavity filling procedure before, it can be daunting. But we assure you it can be quick and painless. During a routine checkup, we may visually see decay/cavities on your teeth. Sometimes, radiographs reveal cavities hidden between your teeth that wouldn’t be visible with a naked eye. Early detection and treatment is key and our team will walk you through the process.
Dr. Anu Mohan numbs the area if needed to minimize discomfort during the process. Then, we prep the tooth and clean the area thoroughly to eliminate harmful bacteria. The tooth is now ready to receive a bio compatible tooth colored material to seal the cavity for several years to come. Then we check your bite and make adjustments until your cavity filling feels and functions naturally. We then polish your tooth to ensure it blends with the rest of the teeth.
Why choose composite fillings?
Several materials can be used for cavity fillings. However, we prefer composite material for several reasons, including:
- Aesthetically appealing — composite resin doesn’t stand out in your mouth. It’s virtually indistinguishable from the rest of your teeth.
- Conservative — only a minimal portion of your tooth is removed during a composite restoration.
- Durable — white fillings are strong enough to withstand the daily stress of biting and chewing. They can last for over ten years with proper care.
- Safety — there are no known safety concerns about tooth-colored fillings.
- Other materials are at our disposal as well, and we will use them based on our discretion after evaluating your unique oral health needs.
Would you want to say hello to a cavity-free smile? If in Del Mar, CA, please dial (858) 465-8717 to book an appointment with I-Rise Dental for natural-looking dental fillings.