Preventive Dentistry at I-Rise Dental
When you visit I-Rise Dental, Dr. Anu Mohan and the staff will be your partner in the fight against cavities, gum disease, and more. We hate cavities and gum disease just as much as you do, and for that reason, we will work with you to prevent oral health diseases before they get a chance to turn into something worse. When you visit our Del Mar, California office, you will be able to experience the full range of preventive dental services we provide our patients. It all begins with regular dental exams and cleanings. We recommend these be completed twice a year so that Dr. Mohan can detect and treat minor dental health issues before they are allowed to progress. Further, we aim to stop dental health issues before they ever begin, so if it has been more than six months since your previous appointment, please schedule today.
The goal of preventive dentistry
While restorative treatments are vital for good oral health, it is more affordable and better that these major oral health concerns be addressed before they ever start. This is what preventive dentistry is all about! Preventive dentistry emphasizes the importance of good oral health, including hygiene habits, in combination with regularly scheduled cleanings and exams. This prevention alone will greatly reduce your risk of oral health issues, including cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and periodontitis.
Our preventive dental services include:
- Regular oral exams
- Teeth cleanings
- Routine X-rays
Your role in preventive dentistry
You can do so much for yourself to prevent future oral health concerns. The development of appropriate oral habits early in life can help in the prevention of gum disease, cavities, and gingivitis.
- Brushing twice daily, typically morning and night, using a toothbrush with soft bristles and fluoride toothpaste. If you are unsure if the brush and toothpaste you use are right, I-Rise Dental is here to help you. We can recommend and instruct on proper brushing habits
- Floss daily to remove food particles and other bacteria from between teeth and in hard-to-reach places
- Use a mouth rinse to wash out food particles after flossing
- Practice a proper diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables while minimizing sugary and acidic foods and drink
- Be careful when eating hard foods such as seeds, foods with bones, or fruit/vegetables with pits
- Refrain from using smoking and chewing tobacco products
- Utilize a mouthguard when participating in active sports
- Ask Dr. Mohan for a nighttime mouthguard to help with bruxism
Children’s preventive dentistry
Once a child’s first tooth breaks through, preventive dental care beings. Seeing our team for your child’s preventive care needs will help identify any oral health issues early in life before they can develop into something worse (and more expensive!).
Here are some tips that will help your child’s developing dental situation:
- Promote good habits to encourage proper brushing and flossing, ending thumb sucking, and advice on dietary and eating habits
- Routine teeth cleanings and oral exams
- Dental X-rays for tracking teeth and jaw development
- Athletic mouthguards for your little athlete
- Clear aligner therapy for the correction of existing occlusion
How you and your family benefit from preventive dentistry
Regular preventive dental exams will lower your risk for cavities, gum disease, periodontitis, and other dental health issues. Through examinations with Dr. Mohan, we will be able to detect early onset dental issues and provide necessary treatment before the problem gets bigger, requiring more intense treatment and costing more out of your pocket.
Our team will promote good oral hygiene habits you can follow from home. Preventive therapy can also help reduce your risk of general health issues like poor oral health, including diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, respiratory disease, cancer, and more.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Mohan at I-Rise Dental in Del Mar, CA, please call our office today at (858) 465-8717 for an appointment. We look forward to seeing you!
She enjoys all aspects of dentistry, including implants, crowns, bridges, clear aligners, and cosmetic and special-needs dentistry. She provides modern treatments to her patients in a safe, comfortable, and relaxed environment and adopts a holistic approach to suit every patient’s age and unique needs. She loves building long-lasting relationships with her patients.
Dr. Mohan has been featured in numerous journals and received the TOP General, Family, Implant and Cosmetic Dentist Award from Women in Medicine in 2021.